The ever changing blog…. So I started this blog for my photography and then decided I actually wanted to talk about things in life when I posted. I now have a facebook page for my photography http://www.facebook.com/pages/Captured/148409865174309 please join if you haven’t already and now my blog will be for more of just me. So if you were here just for the picture thanks for following me and please stick around for the fun to come.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Not Enough Time in the Day



How many times a day do you say “So much to do, so little time.”? If you are like me you say this a lot. I am a college kid who works part time and is trying to have a life. I have so much I want to do but so little time to do it. I want to work out, play video games, talk to friends, watch movies, read, write, study….the list goes on and on.

So what do you do? Right now I am going to make a list of everything I want to do a day. You can make it as vague as you want or more detailed. You might want to list that you want to do an hour of this or an hour of that or you might want to say oh I just want to get this, this and this done.

We have 24 hours in a day. I am going to subtract 8 for work and about 6 for sleep because I rarely sleep 8 hours a night. So now I am left with 10 hours for my life. With that time

I am going to devote at least an hour to God every day (sometimes I have a hard time stepping away when I get going on a good study)

I am going to take an hour for working out (health is important to me)

I am going to give an hour to my school work (I should probably give more and on some days I will when I am trying to get assignments done and test coming up)

I am going to give an hour to my writing (it is a hobby of mine that I really love to do especially when I am stressed)

I am going to give an hour to housework

With my remaining five hours I will use as I best see fit. I will add time in the schedule in areas that need it. I can use this time to hang out with my family and friends or to take a nap =D

I know life gets crazy and we can not always set up a time frame for doing everything we want to do or need to do. I wish this is something I would have learned a long time ago. I make sure that the important things come first (ok so maybe house work should come before my hobby but I will work on that) it is easy to get caught up with TV or even our own hobbies and forget what is important.

So the next time you catch yourself thinking or saying that there is so much to do and so little time. Think about what you are doing with the time that you are given.

It is like The Script says in their song Live Like Were Dieing

We only got
86 400 seconds in a day to
turn it all around or throw it all away
we gotta tell 'em that we love 'em
while we got the chance to say
gotta live like we're dying
live like we're dying

1 comment:

  1. "I have visited this site and got lots of information than other site visited before a month.


    work and study

    "

    ReplyDelete